Are you a fitness enthusiast? Then you probably already know about the incredible benefits provided by pull ups. For increasing strength and toning the upper body, few exercises are as effective as pull ups.
The great thing about this exercise is that you can do it nearly anywhere. You can even do it at home. All you need is a doorway and a doorway pull up bar. For the latter, you can choose the #1 Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up and Pull Up Bar.
There are several reasons to consider going for a doorway pull up bar. These pieces of equipment are convenient. After all, everyone has a doorway in their homes. This makes the pull up bar an excellent addition to your home gym.
When you are looking for one, opt for the one from Physport. This pull up bar has several features that make it a good choice for fitness enthusiasts.
This pull up bar has a rather simple design but it works to your advantage. The simplicity of the design allows it to be attached to doorways without the need for any screws.
Once installed, you start targeting various sections of your upper body, from your arm muscles to your pectorals and even your waist. Overall, it can be a good option as you will be seeing in this review
- STURDY CHROME PLATED STEEL BAR: Train like a pro with the tough and secure exercise trainer supporting tough workouts. When mounted properly, the fitness bar holds up to 220 pounds giving you full support for pull-up and chin ups.
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH: Easily adjust this exercise bar so you can take your fitness on the go! Adjustable length (24. 5 to 36 inches) provides a customizable workout.
- COMFORT GRIPS: Minimize risks of calluses or hand cramping with padded handles. Non-slip extra-long foam grips for extra comfort to minimize hand fatigue. Put the door bar lower to the ground and use it to help you perform push-ups!
- MAXIMUM STABILITY: Includes weight bearing brackets for maximum stability during your chin-ups and non-weight bearing brackets for sit-ups. Fits into any standard door frame
- EASY STORAGE: Set up in seconds in almost any doorframe and easily store away in a closet. Adjustable length (24. 5 to 36 inches) provides a customizable workout for your home and body.
- *TO ENSURE USER SAFETY, PLEASE READ INCLUDED INSTRUCTIONS. ALL NECESSARY SCREWS AND PARTS MUST BE PROPERLY INSTALLED BEFORE THE DEVICE SHOULD BE USED*
The Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up and Pull Up Bar has quite a few features of note.
- It is constructed from stainless steel
- It has a diameter of 3 cm
- The length of the bar is 24 inches but it can be extended to 39 inches
- It has a weight of 1.2 kg
- The bar is fully adjustable to ensure a snug fit with most doorways
- The bar has foam hand grips
- 3 sets of brackets are provided for attachment with door frames
- To increase the safety aspect, screws have been provided
- It can support a maximum weight of 300lb
There are quite a few pros to choosing this specific doorway pull up bar.
- Due to the extendibility of the bar, it can be adjusted to fit nearly all doorways, making it easier to perform pull ups
- The presence of foam hand grips allows you to keep exercising for longer due to the comfort provided.
- The grips also allow you prevent hard callouses that typically occur with metal bars
- They can be removed and replaced easily
- The extendable bar compresses against the doorway, preventing any damage that would have been caused by screws
- If more safety is required, it is possible to use screws to attach the bar, with the screws being provided by the safety bar
While it is an excellent piece of equipment, the Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up and Pull Up Bar is far from perfect.
- The build quality could have been better
The Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up and Pull Up Bar can be a good addition to your home gym. It does exactly what it was created for. It is sturdy enough to hold the weight of most people with ease while allowing pull ups to take place.
In a way, it makes it easier to do a pull up or a chin up thanks to the presence of the foams. They allow you to grip the bar properly and comfortably. The bar has a diameter of only 3 centimeters.
Therefore, most people will be able to ensure a proper grip irrespective of the size of their hands. You do have a range of options as to the exercise you want to perform on it as it allows for quite a few different grips. Of course, it is suitable for chin ups as well as pull ups.
Installing the pull up bar is a breeze. You just need to extend the rod on both sides by rotating it. Make sure that you have placed the bar in the doorway as you are extending.
Once the two edges of the bar reach the two sides of the doorway, keep rotating further to ensure a snug and tight grip on both sides. Test it out to see if further adjustments are needed. You do get screws if you want to secure the bar.
There are a few good choices available in the market when it comes to doorway pull up bars. Iron Gym and ProSource are two other brands offering such home equipment. Each of these bars is a good option so it helps to see how they stack up against Physport’s offerings.
The one offered by Iron Gym gives you a little more in terms of grips. Installation is easy as well. While it can be extended, you will need to purchase the extension separately.
It is also important to note that the build of the bar uses quite a bit of plastic creating a possibility that the bar can break when being used. It is more expensive than Physport as well.
The ProSource pull up bar gives you several more options with respect to the grips you can use. It is less expensive as well. On the other hand, it is possible that the paint, the moldings around the door and even the walls might be damaged with its use.
Assembling the bar can also be difficult due to the several components it comes with. The instructions can be a tad difficult as well.
While it is not the most versatile or the most affordable pull up bar in the market, the Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up and Pull Up Bar is still a good option. It is reasonably priced. In fact, it is well worth the money.
If you are looking for a standard pull up bar, Sunny Health is a good option. With several useful features including a very simple installation method, this bar can be of good use to any fitness enthusiast.
The price being reasonable is an added advantage. For a home gym, you will rarely require anything more than what this bar is providing. Overall, it is a package which you should be considering at the very least when you want a doorway pull up bar.