This is a popular workout bar, and it seems for good reason—it has more features than many similar bars on the market, even those that come at the same price.
Features Of The Pull Up Bar
The ProSource workout bar promotes itself as an ideal way to work out various muscle groups—such as shoulders, chest, abdominals, back and arms—in an inexpensive and convenient way. Some of the more prominent features include:
- Multi-grip design—By simply altering your hand placement and the direction of your grip, you will not only find a comfortable position, but you can also work different muscle groups. With this model there are up to 12 different grips and handles to use
- Multifunctional—While it’s called a pull-up and chin-up bar, it can do more than that. Use it in your floor exercises for leg raises, sit ups and dips
- Flexible fitting—It can be used on a variety of door frame sizes, from 24” to 32” wide
- Weight bearing—This ProSource workout bar can hold a weight up to 300lbs
- MULTI-FUNCTION – Target multiple upper body & core muscles with pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and hanging crunches
- EASY TO USE - Portable design easily fits on any standard doorway 24 to 32, and is simple to assemble and install
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Made of high grade steel that’s built to last, and holds up to 300 pounds
- COMFORTABLE GRIP - 6 non-slip grip positions to comfortably perform wide, narrow and neutral-grip exercises
- CONVENIENT STRENGTH TRAINING - Workout your back, chest, arms & abs with one piece of equipment in the comfort of home
- Firstly, it looks really good—The material felt really sturdy straight out of the box, and the shiny black appearance reminded us of the equipment from the gym
- Putting it together was a simple matter of putting a few screws together. It was easy and didn’t take a lot of time. Which was good, as we were impatient to try it! Once it was together it simply hooks onto the doorframe and you’re ready to go
- If you want to keep it permanently installed, it does come with the “J” brackets necessary to screw it to your wall. We haven’t seen this on other models and we liked having that option
- Intensity—This pull up bar gives a solid workout! We were impressed at the many different grip options. We could see it being a challenging workout for both novices and experienced strength trainers alike
- Being able to work out at home is a great benefit of the ProSource Pull Up Bar. If you feel self-conscious at the gym, or are simply too busy to maintain a consistent workout regimen, having such equipment in easy reach may increase the consistency in your training
- Finally, the price was so affordable we were surprised. How can something so sturdy and so versatile be so cheap?
- This was one of the larger models that we have seen, which means that you need to make sure it can fit in the doorway of your home
- Because of its larger size it does need a larger storage place. This one would not fit under a bed. Consider the space in your home and where it can be kept
- Before using for the first time, pull on the frame to check for its stability; there have been some instances of minor injuries resulting when the equipment was not secured properly
The ProSource Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar is now our go-to workout gear for upper body and torso strength training. The sheer number of exercises that you can use it for, including the grip variations to change the muscle groups used, is truly impressive.
Its sturdy construction was reassuring that it would not break or crack when being used. We would recommend this workout bar to anyone who is looking for a simple way to improve their upper body strength at home, for an affordable price.