AFFILIATE LINKS AND RECOMMENDATIONSIn many of our articles, at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission when readers purchase products through our links. This doesn't affect which articles are included in our articles. The products we recommend are for their quality, performance and overall reputation regardless of any affiliate relationships. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pull ups are a core workout move in any serious strength training program, but in order to get them right with proper technique you need to get the right equipment that will also keep you safe. Recently we tried the Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Pull Up Bar and were very impressed with it. If you are considering buying your own pull-up bar for your home or office, then this may be a great choice for you.
Features Of The Pull Up Bar
- The Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar is made from high-quality and sturdy materials that can be used to hold a weight of up to 300lbs
- There are four different models—Pro, Elite, Sport and Original
- The Pro has a wide grip placement and can be adjusted for height—size is 15” x 38” x 14” inches and 6.2lbs
- The Elite is larger and not only has a wide grip position, but also a curved end to engage your lats—size is 15” x 38” x 14” and 8lbs
- The Sport is a more compact design than the others, so it is great if you want to travel or move the pull up bar a lot, or you have a smaller storage space—size is 11” x 36.5” x 12” and 4.8lbs
- The Original also has a wide grip feature—size is 15” x 38” x 14” and 6.2lbs
- Its design has been carefully created so it can perform many different exercises—not just pull ups but chin ups as well, then move it to the floor for pushups, triceps dips and ab crunches
- A big difference of three out of the four models was the grip support for the wider stance—it actually has a specific holder “frame” for your hands which we really liked. There was much less slipping out of position, so good form was kept throughout the workout
- Being able to do multiple sets on this one piece of equipment was really handy and meant that we spent a lot less time moving between machines and we could get our workouts done much faster
- With this workout bar being able to hold 300lbs, it will not only accommodate a lot of people, but can also be used with other workout gear like weighted vests to add intensity and a higher level of difficulty to these moves
- If you have wider doorframes, this model can accommodate up to 35” wide when similar models only go up to a 32” width
- Being able to adjust the Pro model for height was really helpful and a great feature that we haven’t seen in a lot of pull-up bars
- While we really appreciated the grip holders on the end of the bars, it did mean that there was less flexibility for those who may be taller or have different shoulder sizes
- This pull-up bar promotes only three grip positions, where other bars have more. More isn’t necessarily better, as your own training will dictate what you need. Our experience was that most people only use these main grips anyway so it wasn’t much of a problem
- While it can fit wider doorways, it will only go down to 27” widths—other pull up bars on the market can accommodate 24”. Be sure to measure a few doorframes in your home before purchasing to know it is going to fit
- Sometimes it was difficult to know which bar was the right one to use as they all seemed like great bars. Ultimately it should be guided by your training program.
The Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar and Portable Gym System provides some really impressive value and features. All of our workouts were comfortable and kept our technique on point the whole time.
While they are all great pull up bars, for beginners, the Original is a great design that will give you a solid workout. For the more advanced strength training programs the Elite features the different style wide grip bars that would allow a greater range of grip positions and muscle engagement. But really, you can’t go wrong with any of them.